Audition and Membership – Virtual 2020-2021 Season
Thinking of joining the Bach Choir?
To join the Bach Choir of Pittsburgh as a new member, you must pass a musical audition. For the 2020-2021 virtual season audition, you may download and complete the Audition Form below and submit it with a video recording of your accompanied audition. This season, participation in Virtual Summer Sing 2020 can qualify as your audition if you so wish. Summer Sing participants will have the opportunity to designate this on the audition form and a video submission will not be required. Returning Bach Choir members do not need to fill in the audition form or submit an audition.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION IS SEPTEMBER 15, 2020.
AUDITION FORM DIRECTIONS: The link below will take you to the 2020-2021 Audition Form. From this page, you will download the form to your computer. Once the form is downloaded to your computer, you will open the file, fill in the required fields and save the document. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that you download the form BEFORE attempting to fill it in. Your information will not save in the download page.
Once you have practiced your accompanied audition piece to your satisfaction, you will record your performance with a device of your choosing (computer/laptop camera, iPad, smart phone, etc). Be sure that the recording device you choose will capture both audio and visual of your performance.
- Do anything you can to eliminate background noise, ie. fans, outside noise.
- Be careful not to cough or clear your throat between phrases that you are singing.
- Use a well-lit, simple area so that your face is clearly seen.
- Wear whatever you feel comfortable in, medium to darker solid colors are best.
- Record in landscape (like a movie screen). Be sure the top of your head is very close to the top of the screen, but not cut off. Your face should take up 50% of the screen with your eyes in the upper third of the screen. Record no lower than your sternum.
Upload your video and completed Audition Form via wetransfer.com. By clicking the link below, you will be taken to the WeTransfer site with a Bach Choir recipient email address already in place (https://bachchoirpittsburgh.wetransfer.com). Follow the directions to upload/drag-and-drop, and send your files.
QUESTIONS? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-2021 Bach Choir Member Dues
Once you pass your your audition, you will be directed to our online member registration and options for payment of annual dues. The 2020-2021 Season membership dues structure is as follows:
Core and Regular member dues = $95 ($85 if paid by September 29, 2020)
Senior [65+] / Student dues = $75 ($65 if paid by September 29, 2020)