SEEKING VOLUNTEER NON-PROFIT BOARD MEMBERS
Interested individuals should submit a resume to email@example.com
Bach Choir of Pittsburgh, an 87-year-old nonprofit 501(c)(3) is seeking 3 Board members as part of its goal to diversify and expand its Board.
Originally formed to perform works of Johann Sebastian Bach exclusively, under the leadership of Conductor and Artistic Director Thomas W. Douglas, the choir continues to evolve from a narrowly-focused ensemble to a larger, more inclusive choir that performs major choral works by composers from the Renaissance through the contemporary period. Since its inception the Bach Choir has grown from 60 singers to over 100, with a 16-person core of paid professional singers.
The Choir is critically acclaimed for its innovative, precise, and entertaining concert performances. Local music critics commend the Choir for handling “tricky work not only with technical skill, but with spirit and seeming inspiration.” The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says “One has to admire Artistic Director and Conductor Thomas Douglas for thinking out of the proverbial box when it comes to choral music”. And the Tribune-Review raves, “Douglas is shaping the choir into a Pittsburgh musical force!”.
Working closely with Bach Choir of Pittsburgh’s Executive Director and Board, the new Board Members will focus on future growth and help guide the Choir’s mission, vision, and long-term sustainability.
- Previous Board experience in either a for profit or not for profit organization desirable.
- Skills and experience in any of the following: Management, Planning, Marketing, Technology, Finance, Fundraising, and/or H.R. Marketing, Planning and Fundraising expertise especially desirable.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with others, including community partners, Executive Director and fellow Board members as well as introduce us to your personal and professional networks where appropriate to benefit Bach Choir of Pittsburgh.
- Ability to visualize the “Big picture” and act strategically, with an eye toward the long view.
- Ability to work as a team member/contributor who is action focused.
- Possesses skills in relationship building and/or fundraising to support the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Embraces cultural, gender and racial diversity.
- Passionate about Bach Choir of Pittsburgh’s mission and the impact of our work on seniors and future generations.
- Understanding of the musical arts a plus.
- With other Board Directors, leads the organization so that mission and purpose are successfully carried out.
- Attends monthly board meetings and monthly committee meetings. Board Meetings and Committees Meetings are approximately 60-90 minute commitments each.
- Actively serves on at least one committee (preferably in a leadership role) and takes on special assignments.
- Reviews Board agenda, supporting documents and attends meetings with forward thinking ideas to share.
- Make a meaningful contribution to support the concert
- Purchase a season ticket and attend concerts.